Don’t Know Much About® Geography
NOW AVAILABLE IN A NEWLY REVISED AND UPDATED EDITION
Who killed the Dead Sea? Where was the garden of Eden? What’s so bad about the badlands? What can you build with BRICS? Is all the talk of global warming just hot air?
Take a fascinating, breathtaking and hilarious grand tour of the planet Earth — opening our eyes and imaginations to a wide, wild and wonderful world we never knew.
Did You Know?
- “Vermont is a combination of the French words “green mountain.”
- “Vatican City, located within Rome, Italy, is the world’s smallest nation.”
- “The world’s first motel, the Milestone, opened in Monterey, California, in 1925.”
- “South America’s Andes Mountains are three times the length of the American Rockies.”
- “The village of Jericho is located 825 feet below sea level.”
- “The Brooklyn Bridge was opened to traffic in 1883.”
- “The Red Sea gets its name from the masses of reddish seaweed found in its waters.”
- “Ben & Jerry’s “Rain Forest Crunch” ice cream uses nuts grown in the Amazon rain forest.”